Summary

Recover file with external containers deletes container data

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac  10.9.4

Description of the issue

I ran the recover process on a file that had containers with files stored externally but not encrypted.  I selected the preserve remote contain option but the files were deleted.  Actually the entire directory that contained the files was deleted.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Use filemaker pro. Download the file to be recovered from the server. Run the option to recover with the preserve external container option selected.

• 1. Re: Recover file with external containers deletes container data

dbail:

Thank you for the post. 

I am unable to replicate. To attempt to replicate, I performed the following steps:

1. Uploaded a database called "External Storage" with a single container field (externally stored) to FileMaker Server 13.0v3.

2. Using the Admin Console, closed the file.

3. Downloaded the database.

Note: At this point, I have a folder titled "External Storage" (name of the database) and within the folder is the database and another folder titled "External Storage" (including the container data).

4. File > Recovery > External Storage.fmp12 > Select > Save

Note: At this point, I have an additional database file titled "External Storage Recovered" 

5. Opened "External Storage Recovered.fmp12" and confirmed the container data exists.

"Run the option to recover with the preserve external container option selected."

Where is this recovery option located? 

No files were deleted during my testing. Perhaps, I am missing a step to replicate?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.