Referenced images not showing in calculated container field
11 & 11 advanced
Operating system version
OS X 10.5, OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7
Description of the issue
Images are not showing up in Filemaker 11 but are showing correctly in Filemaker 10.
The images are shared by an OS X 10.5.8 server with AFP protocol and in Filemaker we use a referenced calculation container to display the image.
Images are stored in JPG and have read/write permission for all users & groups.
Read more: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/1b2fc53fdb
Similar but not the same bug: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/52cf44da3c#174697
Steps to reproduce the problem
- FileMaker Server Advanced 9 running on 10.5.x on Xserver, never had any problems with it, just zooming along and doing its job.
- OS server 10.5.8 for storing our images and make with afp them available to all our staff.
- FileMaker Pro 10: about 20 staff members to access a few databases, of which one that contains about 1.7 million records.
- Macs only: OS X ranging from 10.5 to 10.7
- about 1.8 million records, something like 25 fields, a few calculations, etc...
- all records have 1 image referenced to in a calculated container field, the path is directed to images stored on a volume mounted on each computer.
- calculation field result in container with path: "image:/Images Stamps/1000000/web/1002098.jpg"
- saved in .jpg using Adobe Photoshop.
- average size is about 1MB
- In FMP 10 we can see all the images of the 1.8 million records without any problem.
- In FMP 11 we can see a few images random images, mostly it stays empty.
- a screenshot is added to show the issue
I could also reproduce the same error with a standalone FMP file on a desktop computer trying to display the files from a remote server with AFP or trying to display the same images stored on the local volume.
Images to show in FMP 11.
No images are showing at all or sometimes correct images are displayed at random in FMP 11.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
The file cannot be displayed: xxxx.jpg
Attempts to fix:
- re-save the images in jpg with other programs - still not showing in FMP 11
- checked the file permission - all readable for every user