Summary

Registration

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OS X 10.9.2

Description of the issue

I own a license of File Maker Pro 12. I have already registered it and I got a response for the registration. However in launchpad I get a registration icon for "Registration". When I click on it I get the message "ErrorThis application cannot be launched directly. Please register from the help menu in the main application." I re-registered my license but the icon is still there. Does anybody know how I can get rid of it? Thanks

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Error - This application cannot be launched directly. Please register from the help menu in the main application.

Screen_Shot_2014-03-22_at_10.37.39_AM.png

• 1. Re: Registration
          TSGal

Vassilis Vezeridis:

Thank you for your post.

The Registration application should be accessed only through the Help menu.  That is, launch FileMaker Pro 12, pull down the Help menu and select "Register FileMaker Pro".  If you are already registered, there is no need to register again.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Registration
            VassilisVezeridis

Thank you for your prompt reply. Obviously I did not make myself understood. My point is not that I cannot register my license. This is already done. My problem is that I have a registration icon stuck in Launchpad and i cannot get rid of it. If you know a way please let me know

Vassilis

• 3. Re: Registration
              TSGal

Vassilis Vezeridis:

The only way that I know to delete an application from the LaunchPad (that wasn't purchased from the App Store), is to delete the application itself.  That is, remove the Registration application from your hard drive.

Going through the Apple Knowledge Base, you may find the following article helpful by placing Registration on a separate LaunchPad window.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5548

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.