2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2010 7:42 AM by dgdw1

Reordering Layouts in FMP11

dgdw1

Summary

Reordering Layouts in FMP11

Description of the issue

Just upgraded to FMPro 11.  In Layout, Manage layouts ..., I can move layouts up or down but when the box is closed, the selected layout springs back to its original position (or sometimes to a random position, anywhere other than the one selected).  Similarly, on creating a folder and putting various layouts into it, on closing the box the layouts in the folder are quite different from those selected.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Mac G5 OSX 10.5.8

• 1. Re: Reordering Layouts in FMP11
          TSGal

dgdw1:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I am unable to replicate the problem on both Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Mac OS X 10.6.2.

My database file has 15 layouts, and I create a Folder, move some layouts into the folder, rearrange the layouts and close Manage Layouts.  The changes are reflected properly on both machines.

How many layouts do you have?  How many folders?  Are any layouts named similarly (or identical)?  Is there anything else that you think may be out of the ordinary?  Any additional information you can provide that will help me replicate the problem would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Reordering Layouts in FMP11
            dgdw1

The database has 37 layouts and half a dozen dependent relational databases.  It is the one that I use most often and so I have only just discovered that it is the only one that behaves in this way and so there must be some bug specific to the database rather than the application.

However, I have now used the recover command and, although it said there were no faults, the problem appears to be solved!  Thank you for your interest.