AnsweredAssumed Answered

Repeatedly asks to accept incoming network connections in Snow Leopard

Question asked by IanBlackburn on Feb 18, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 12, 2012 by TedWeil

Summary

Repeatedly asks to accept incoming network connections in Snow Leopard

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 Operating System(s) involved:Mac OS X 10.6.2Detailed description of the issue:Starting with OS X 10.5, the Mac firewall has been application-based rather than the traditional ports/services-based model. You can set it to ask whether to allow or deny incoming connections to specific applications, and your choices are stored in the Security->Firewall->Advanced preference pane. Despite having approved incoming connections to FMPA (and having manually added it to the "approved" list), every single launch of FMPA results in the "Do you want the application 'Filemaker Pro Advanced.app' to accept incoming network connections?" message. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:Launch FMPA. Expected Result:FMPA will launch without me getting any crap about the firewall settings. Actual Result:I get some crap about the firewall settings. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:Do you want the application "Filemaker Pro Advanced.app" to accept incoming network connections? Clicking Deny may limit the application's behavior. This setting can be changed in the Firewall pane of Security preferences. Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:I have verified that FMPA is whitelisted in the aforementioned preferences. Any workarounds that you have found:This isn't a dire problem, of course; I just have to click an extra button every time I launch Filemaker. Ordinarily, I'd take this as an OS issue rather than a Filemaker issue (and it well may be), but FMPA is the only program I've ever had that I get this behavior with. It's just an annoyance, kind of like the persistently bouncing dock icon (http://forum-en.filemaker.com/fm/board/message?board.id=fdbk2&message.id=1054#M1054).

Outcomes