Summary

REPRODUCIBLE BUG in FileMaker 14: Find icon in toolbar

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OS X 10.10.3

Description of the issue

Create a brand new database in FileMaker 14. In browse mode, click & hold on the "Find" icon in the status toolbar. The submenu shows up in the LOWER LEFT CORNER of the database, instead of underneath the "Find" icon itself.

• 1. Re: REPRODUCIBLE BUG in FileMaker 14: Find icon in toolbar

scotty321:

Thank you for the post.

I am not able to reproduce this behavior on Mac OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks or Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite. 

A few questions to assist us with narrowing this down:

1. Does this occur on more than on computer?

2. Does this occur without any third party plugins installed?

3. Does this occur in a new admin user account?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: REPRODUCIBLE BUG in FileMaker 14: Find icon in toolbar
            Benjamin Fehr

I am not able to reproduce this behavior on Mac OS X 10.10.3*) with FMPA 14.0.1.

Do you use any special monitor configuration? 2nd. Monitor?

Do you have any Mac utilities or small apps running?

• 3. Re: REPRODUCIBLE BUG in FileMaker 14: Find icon in toolbar
              scottworld

I have done nothing on my end, but the problem has temporarily disappeared. I will report back if & when the problem returns. It seems like an intermittent bug in FileMaker Pro 14, sort of like the intermittent bug in FileMaker Pro 14 where the "View" menu occasionally no longer shows command-L as the keyboard shortcut for Layout mode (it shows nothing as the keyboard shortcut), so pressing command-L does nothing. But then, if you manually switch into Layout mode (with your mouse) and then you go back to browse mode again, command-L will show up again. So it seems like FileMaker Pro 14 has some weird intermittent bugs going on with the interface and menus. All these problems are happening on brand new, completely empty files that only have 1 field and 1 record in them. Created from scratch in FMP 14.

• 4. Re: REPRODUCIBLE BUG in FileMaker 14: Find icon in toolbar
                TSGal

scotty321:

Thank you for your posts.

There was a similar issue reported in FileMaker Pro 13 where sub-menus would appear in the bottom left corner of the screen when Spotify was running, but that was fixed in FileMaker Pro 14.

Since the previous issue was caused by a conflict with another application, if this issue happens again, please write down what applications are currently running, and then try quit each application one-by-one and test each time an application has quit.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.