Thank you for your post.
On page 10 of the FileMaker Go Developer's Guide (http://www.filemaker.com/products/filemaker-go/docs/fmgo_development.pdf), it states,
When you tap the Home button on a device, you exit an app immediately, with no message to save changes. FileMaker Go hibernates, storing the state of the file. FileMaker Go also hibernates when you answer a phone call or when you choose Open in Safari.
After FileMaker Go hibernates, you must re-enter your user name and password to return to the file, unless:
* you are using the Guest account.
* your user name and password match the user name and password set in the File Options dialog.
* you have extended privileges and the keyword fmrestorelogin (lowercase) has been defined for those privileges.
Therefore, be sure to define fmrestorelogin in the extended privileges of the second file.
This is still a problem. I have done the extended privileges thing but sometimes I get in a loop when I'm out of data signal.
1) The interface file spots the data file is missing asks if I want to reconnect
2) I say no (there is no signal so it's a silly question really)
3) The data file now asks if I want to connect
4)I say no (there is no signal so it's a silly question really)
and back to 1) in a loop.
FMG should not ask the question and better still remember the answer so if several files are after the same file the question is only asked once. I find I have to force quit the app which frankly is beyond most users as you can only do this while focussed on another app.