2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2009 4:26 AM by LaRetta_1

Resizing table columns

FredLee

Summary

Resizing table columns

Description of the issue

Using FM Pro 9.0v3 on Mac OS 10.4.11. Database in question is shared over a LAN ethernet network with no rights restrictions. Switching one of the screens to table view I can reorder the columns, and the cursor will change to a line with arrows when aligned with the column edge in the column header, but when dragged I only get the pop-up asking me if I wish to make this change with the layout but nothing changes when I hit "yes". Columns will not resize. What needs to happen here to make this work?

• 1. Re: Resizing table columns
          TSGal

Fred Lee:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to duplicate the problem.  I receive the same messages as you, but after I resize the column and answer "Yes", the columns resize properly.

Try creating a new database file with one field.  Make it available for network sharing, go to another machine, open the file remotely, switch to Table view and resize the column.  Does this work?  If so, then the other database file may be corrupt.

Any additional information you can provide may be helpful in determining possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Resizing table columns
            LaRetta_1
               I believe there may be two issues at work here ... when a file is served and you move a column on a table, FM will ask if you wish to keep those changes, since it could affect design and display for all users.  It probably then won't change because you have reached the maximum width for your table and, when you attempt to move a column, FM must have that extra room FIRST to move the column.