4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2012 5:23 PM by richardsrussell

Resizing: Column labels change size when all I do is change their color or font

richardsrussell

Summary

Resizing: Column labels change size when all I do is change their color or font

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMPA 12.0v1

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.7.4

Description of the issue

On a great many of my layouts, in form view, above each column of data, I place the field label with the same pastel background color as the data field beneath it, extending the full width of that data field (for example, 96 pixels). If I go to change the text color of selected labels (for example, from black to white, to provide better contrast), all of the selected column headings shrink down! They are no longer the same width as the columns beneath them. I use "undo" and try the same color change while holding down option, control, and command keys. Same deal. I try changing fonts. Same deal. I try changing sizes. Same deal. I can't find any allusion to this behavior in the user guide.

Steps to reproduce the problem

see above

Expected result

What I expect is that the label size will change when *I* want it to, not when *you* want it to.

Actual result

see above

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No message. Just brand-new behavior without any warning. I'm not sure if this was supposed to be a SERVICE, but it's going to cost me lots and lots of time spent resizing text that was already perfectly OK to begin with.

Configuration information

nope

Workaround

Manually resize things back the way they're supposed to be.