Summary

Right and bottom edges of an object do not snap precisely to guides

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Both

Description of the issue

When you align objects to guides, the top and left edges snap exactly, but the right and bottom edges are one pixel off.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Add two vertical and two horizontal guides to a layout. Place a rectangle inside the resulting space. Make sure the rectangle has a single-pixel outline. Drag the top left corner to the guides until it snaps; do the same with bottom right corner (you can also drag each side separately).

Expected result

All edges snap exactly to the guides. "Exactly" means that the guide and the object border overlap and one completely covers another. (In FileMaker the guide is above and the single-pixel outline of the object goes below; I would mildly prefer the object to be above, but I'll file it later as a feature request :)

Actual result

The top and left edges snap exactly, but the right and bottom edges are one pixel off.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A.

Configuration information

N/A.

Workaround

Well, I can account for this and place some of the guides one pixel away the place I want them to be, but it's surely leaves a bad taste. Besides, this makes it impossible to use a single guide to align objects from different sides.

ObjectAlignment.png