Right-Click stops FMP 11

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11v.02 and 11v.03

Operating system version

OS X 10.6.4

Description of the issue

Opened a FileMaker Pro 11 Database (created from Started Solution). Works fine until I right-click on a field. Drop down menu flashes and then the database stops working.

Tabs stop working. Nothing available in Menu bar. Click on another field and both fields stay selected.

If I go to Layout mode and back to Browse mode the database works again. This time FileMaker Pro quit unexpectedly.

This issue is across both users.

The totally weird part was when I copied her user back to her old computer The problem started on her old computer and on the other user on her old computer.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Open any Database.
      Right-click on field.

Expected result

Contextual Menu should drop down.

Actual result

Contextual Menu flashes so fast I can't see it.
      Database stops normal functioning.

Workaround

Go to Layout Mode then back to Browse Mode. Or Quit FileMaker Pro and restart it.

Final workaround - Remove FileMaker Pro 11 from the computer and use FileMaker Pro 10. It works fine.

• 1. Re: Right-Click stops FMP 11

dshedd:

Thank you for your post. I apologize for the late response.

Can you try reinstalling FileMaker Pro 11 to see if the issue persists? If it does, you might also want to try removing the plist files for FileMaker Pro 11.

To do this, head to  /Users/<your user>/Library/Preferences/. In there, delete any files that begin with com.filemaker. 

Please let me know if you still run into issues after trying these steps.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Right-Click stops FMP 11
            dshedd

I found that I had upgraded to OS 10.6 and brought along PGP Desktop Pro with the migration. It is not compatible with OS 10.6 and no longer supported.

My FileMaker Pro problem was the only place I noticed any changes. I uninstalled PGP Desktop Pro and the problem went away.