Is anyone at FileMaker looking at this issue?
That was not what I expected. I did not realize what the 'solution' button did. This is not solved. Help please.
I am unable to duplicate this issue (I tested on Mac).
In FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced, I created a test file and added one text field. I created an new account and set the privilege set to have the ability to 'Create and edit in all tables'. I then added a script with the 'Delete Record/Request' script step and selected the checkbox 'Run script with full access privileges'.
When I access the file using this account I can create records but cannot delete records from the Records menu. I can delete the current record via this script.
I created a runtime solution of this file and when accessing the solution with this account I see the same behavior.
Have you been able to reproduce this issue in another file?
I think that I found the issue. Our solution is built with the separation model. The script running the Delete step is in the interface file. It is being called from a layout tied to the data file. Even though it runs will Full Access it still will not delete. Even in FileMaker Native (non-runtime).
So it appears that if you want to build a separated solution you will need to be aware that running scripts with full access privileges will not work if the script is not internal to the file. So scripts running in the interface file can not use the Full Access feature to bypass limitations set on privileges sets in the data files.
Bummer. Big Bummer!
I did run a 'remote' script in the data file and it will run with full access privileges, however it is acting on the current record in the data file which has nothing to do with the current record in the interface file so it does me no good.