Runtime Solution fails in 2 areas

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP Advanced v11

Operating system version

Mac OS X (Lion)

Description of the issue

1. Runtime solution app does not always begin with the layout designated by the Perform Script when opening the database.  Have not detected a pattern for how the starting layout is chosen.

2. The database has an "on open" script in the script menu.  When attempting to execute that script nothing happens. 

#2 may be the entire problem.

Configuration information

This database consists of 2 parts: the user interface; and the data.

Workaround

I cannot get around the problem other than to not use the runtime solution.

• 1. Re: Runtime Solution fails in 2 areas
          philmodjunk

Posting a copy of your script may provide more info that will help the techs spot the problem.

To post a script to the forum:

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script by clicking the edit link to your original message and uploading it there
          2. You can upload a screen shot to a file share site and post the download link to a new response you post here.
          3. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF.
          4. If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          5. If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional look to your script. (Use the HTML option and paste the text into the HTML editor.)
          • 2. Re: Runtime Solution fails in 2 areas
            KarlBrowning

Well.  By following Dr. Phil's advice to list the scripts, I was forced review the scripts (wouldn't want to show stuff that is really bad).

I discovered the problem.  For this application, I extract the system Application Version and did not realize that Runtime had a different answer than Pro.

So rather than a system bug, this is clearly a DSE.

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS RESOLVED.