Runtime solution slow launch

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Advanced 11.0v2

Operating system version

Windows

Description of the issue

The database runtime solution is very slow to launch after initial installation on the target machine.  The database runtime solution is also very slow to launch after a re-boot or power down/up cycle.  I tried this on 3 computers each OS running XP SP3 but each having different RAM (256MB, 512MB, and 1GB).  By very slow, I mean it takes about 12 seconds until the login prompt appears, and then from the point of login entered to layout display, it takes about a full 5 minutes to completely initialize and get to the point of the first layout being displayed - this is for the 256MB RAM target machine and it takes about 2/3 of that time on the 1GB RAM machine.  This is just so slow.  During the time the solution is being launched/initializing, the screen appears to be a half painted screen, giving the impression the program isn't initializing correctly...but if you wait long enough, the layout will finally be displayed 4-5 minutes later.   What could be causing this?  My database has 4 tables.  One of the tables is pretty big (330,000) records, with about 5 fields in it being stored calculated values.  I have also written about 100 scripts, but only one runs on File Open Up.  I even tested out removing the script that runs of file open up, and that was not the problem.  What could make the launch/initialization that slow?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Ran same scenario on three target machines all with same OS but different RAM and each was still very slow to launch/initialize

Expected result

(1) Was expecting the user login prompt within 2-3 seconds of  double clicking on the runtime solution's desktop icon; (2) Was also expecting the time period from the point of user login entry to the time the first layout is dissplayed with record fully loaded to be another 10-20 seconds.
(3) Was NOT expecting

Actual result

Tried on machines with different RAM (256MB, 512MB, and 1GB).  Results for 256MB RAM - about 12 seconds until the login prompt appears, and then from the point of login entered to layout display, it takes about a full 5 minutes to completely initialize and get to the point of the first layout being displayed.  Results for 1GB RAM - takes about 4 seconds until the login prompt appears, and then from the point of login entered to layout display, it takes about a full 2 minutes to completely initialize and get to the point of the first layout being displayed. This is just so slow.  Displayed during the launch/initi timeframe is a "half-painted" blank white screenwith blue border.  Also the slowness is only on the first launch/init; after that the time it takes for the next launch/init is reasonable with a total time of about 30 seconds.  But if the machine is powered off or rebooted, then the first launch/init after re-boot/power cycle is really slow again.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No errors...just really slow.  If you try to close the FM window during launch/initialization (to exit the program), the FM window shows program as Not Responding and then there is not a graceful exit.  I had to uninstall & re-load the FM runtime solution from CD because it kept giving the "...file was not properly closed" message upon the 3 next launch/initialization attempts that I let run through completely to layout display.  COuld not get rid of the  "...file was not properly closed" message on 3 attempts, so I re-laoded the FMprogram from CD and problem solved.

Configuration information

XP SP3 on 3 platforms (one w/256MB RAM ; one w/512MB RAM ; one w/511GB RAM)

Workaround

None.  Getting frustrated with the long init times and realize it could be something I am doing wrong.

Outcomes