Runtime Version won't print body part under Yosemite

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

created under FMPA 12

Operating system version

OS X 10.10

Description of the issue

I'm currently running the latest version of FMPA, 13.0v4, but back in 2012, when I was running FMPA 12, I created a runtime version of a file I called Ticketer, to let my sister allocate her season tickets to the Denver Nuggets among the people in her ticket-sharing group. It worked just fine until she recently upgraded to OS X Yosemite. Then her printouts stopped showing the body part. It DOES show up in Preview mode as always, but not on paper or in PDF output. The header part and the footer part print out as expected. In the header I've got a merge field that's supposed to indicate the number of records being printed. It too is coming up blank.

I kept a copy of Ticketer here at home, and sure enuf, I've got the same problem with a different hardware configuration, so it has something to do with the way FileMaker is trying to communicate with the printer via Yosemite. (My sister has downloaded the very latest version of her printer drivers, so that's not it. And, as I said, the header and footer parts still print normally.)

Steps to reproduce the problem

I can send you a copy of the runtime file if you'd like. It's just a tiny little thing for a single, simple purpose. I would've sent you a sample image of a page of the defective output, but your upload filter won't allow PDF files.

Expected result

Should print body part as before.

Actual result

Doesn't.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None.

Workaround

Nope.

• 1. Re: Runtime Version won't print body part under Yosemite
          TSGal

Richard S. Russell:

Thank you for your post.

Whatever shows in Preview is exactly what is sent to the printer driver.  Since your printer driver is current, feel free to send in the FileMaker Pro database file.  I will work with it here and try to determine why the Preview information is not being sent properly to the printer and/or PDF file.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the database file.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.