FileMaker Pro

Version

8.5v2

Operating system version

vista Business

Description of the issue

Drop Down list now beeps at me.

Actual result

As suggested, I updated the software to 8.5v2 but that did not help.  I then created a new database with a single record, a drop down field with Yes and No as the only options.  I still get the beep.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No message, just the beep.

• 1. Re: Same issue as before.  TSGal is working on this
          TSGal

John Farrell:

Thank you for your post.

This is a continuation of the thread:

Unexpected system beep

Try installing a trial version of FileMaker Pro 12 on your machine.  Convert your file to FileMaker Pro 12 (your original file remains intact, as the new file reads your old file and creates a file with .fmp12 extension), and try to replicate the issue.  This will give me a better idea if the problem is sytem related or FileMaker Pro 8.5 related.

Also, if you have access to another machine, try installing FileMaker Pro 8.5 on the second machine and see if the problem is reproducible.  This will let me know if it is machine related.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Same issue as before.  TSGal is working on this
            philmodjunk

In the future, use the Post A Answer box at the bottom of your screen to post follow up questions, etc and you will be able to build a "thread" of questions and responses on your issue. That makes it easier for others to read and understand the full context behind your posts.