Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done:
1. Under Mac OS X 10.10.1, I launched FileMaker Pro 13.0v4 and created a database file TEST.fmp12.
2. I created the following two fields:
Picture (Container - External Storage - Secure storage)
3. I created three records and inserted an image into "Picture" for all three records.
4. I pulled down the File menu and selected "Save a Copy As..."
5. For file Type, I selected "self-contained copy (single file)", let the filename default to "TEST Copy.fmp12", and clicked "Save".
6. I then moved "TEST Copy.fmp12" to an iPad, launched FileMaker Go, opened TEST Copy.fmp12, and all images are displayed.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
TSGal, thank you for your response.
Issue 1: Try using a Guest account without Full Access.
Issue 2: Try using an account (Guest) with Custom Privileges.
Issue 3: Try using a Runtime with an account with Full Access
These are the conditions used with my FM file.
I am unable to replicate Issue 1 and Issue 2. This is what I have done:
1. I activated the Guest account for the file.
2. I closed the file and reopened under the Guest account.
3. I saved the file as a self contained copy as "TEST GUEST.fmp12".
4. I moved TEST GUEST.fmp12 to an iPad, opened TEST GUEST.fmp12 with FileMaker Go, and the images display.
5. I created another account with custom privileges and full menu commands, and the file also created a self-contained copy with images that display in FileMaker Go.
I was able to replicate under Issue 3. That is, I created a Runtime application, opened the Runtime application, and after saving a self-contained copy, the images were not embedded. I could only do this from within FileMaker Pro.
After doing some searching, I did find that this issue has already been reported (not from the forum), and our Development and Testing departments are aware of the issue. I have attached your post to the original report. When additional information becomes available, I will let you know.
TS Gal, an account with a Privilege Set as per below, is not embedding files into the containers. See image. As long as the Privilege Set is [Full Access] it works. But a custom Privilege set as per below is not working to embed files into containers.
1. Created an Account called "Test".
2. Created a custom Privilege Set called "Test_Privilege" as per image.
3. In File Options set to Open using the "Test" account.
The key is setting the account to open under File Options. If you set any Full Access account to automatically open in File Options, then the issue doesn't exist. (I was simply holding down the option key as I opened the file).
Additionally, if the file is set to open with a non [Full Access] account, hold down the option key as you open the file, enter a [Full Access] account name and password, the Save as self-contained copy will also fail to embed the remote contents.
I have sent your post along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review. When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.
And what happens if file options are not set to open the file with either account?
Phil, good question ! If you don't set an account in the File Options, when you open the file it asks you to log-in to an account. If the account has Full Access privileges, there are no problems, the save as Self-contained works correctly. But if you log-in with an account that has a custom privileges, then save as self-contained does not work.
PhilModJunk and rouelf:
If I leave the File Options login credentials blank, and I manually login with a Full Access account, saving a self-contained copy appears to fail on my end.
Just to emphasize the issues all the way on top. Issue #2: Runtimes .... will not generate a proper Save a Copy as: Self-Contained Copy (Single File).
1) Used the Starter Solution "Contacts"
2) Created records
3) Inserted photos, saved as "Reference"
4) Generated a Runtime
5) Open the runtime, then: Save a Copy as: Self-Contained Copy (Single File), named Contacts Self
Result: Runtime named Contacts Self, does not have Actual photos embed into containers.
Hmmm, a script can be set to "run with full access privileges" which might be a work around for non-full access users that need to do this. And I see no indication that this occurs in windows systems but assume for the moment that this is also the case.
An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.
TSGal, For your info, just tested for this issue using FM Pro 14. Yep, the issue is still present with FM 14.
TSGal, For your info, just tested for this issue using FM Adv 15. Yep, this issue still present.
Bump. This issue is really frustrating.
I can confirm this issue has not been addressed in FileMaker 15.
Since the discovery of this issue, Knowledge Base Article #10797 has been written and still applies:
I have attached your name to the original report.