3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2009 1:35 PM by TSGal

Save as Excel only works intermittently

chetan

Summary

Save as Excel only works intermittently

Description of the issue

Product: Filemaker Pro Advanced 10(also occurs on Filemaker Pro 10 Trial version) OS: Windows and Mac OS Issue:I have a Report with a number of Summary fields and some Grouping.The underlying table contains about 800 records, so nothing too big.There is a self join relationship within the table. Producing the report in Browse, List and Preview modes all works very well, however, when I try and Save as Excel, Filemaker just produces an empty Excel file.Using Save as PDF works fine, and also Export to Excel works fine. This occurs on both Windows and Mac OS. The only workaround I've managed is to filter records using Find to a small subset of records, then Save as Excel of this small subset works, then do a Show All, after which Save as Excel for the entire table then works. This workaround, however, only works intermittently. I also have a question related to this report when Saving as Excel does work.My report summarises multiple records into a single line (standard summary / grouping).If a group has 5 records, then the report in Filemaker correctly shows a single summary line for these 5 records. However, the Excel file created using Save as Excel shows 6 lines: 1 summary line, and 5 individual records. Please note that for all the above, the report DOES NOT have a Body sub-summary section. Only two leading-summary sections. Regards, Chet 

• 1. Re: Save as Excel only works intermittently
          chetan

Hi,

Can somone please look into this issue.

Regards,

Chet

• 2. Re: Save as Excel only works intermittently
            TSGal

chetan:

Sorry for the late reply.  Communication breakdown on my end.

I can duplicate the problem when I use the older Excel format.  Using the .xlsx format works correctly.  I have forwarded this information to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review.  In the mean time, use the Export Records... or select the .xlsx format.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: Save as Excel only works intermittently
              TSGal

chetan:

Here is some information from our Testing department.

The Export Records command gives you the ability to export sub-summarized information.  Save Records As Excel gives you the ability to save RECORDS to an Excel file using the current layout.  Since there is no Body (no individual record information) in the current layout, no records are exported, leaving an empty file. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.