Save as PDF fails

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Advanced 13.0.4

Operating system version

Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 (14B25)

Description of the issue

Any solution I use when I try to Save Records as PDF I get the following error:

"filename.pdf" could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlike it or use a different disk.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Go to any filemaker starter solution and layout with records and go to File-> Save Records-> PDF. Attempt to save to any location on the local disk.

Expected result

Save a PDF to the desktop

Actual result

Error:

"filename.pdf" could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlike it or use a different disk.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Configuration information

This worked yesterday and today it doesn't work. I have also verified the disk permissions and everything is normal.

Workaround

No workaround.

Screen_Shot_2014-12-18_at_13.08.19.png

• 1. Re: Save as PDF fails
          TSGal

Dimitris Valachis:

Thank you for your post.

Are you logged into your machine as a guest?  How much free space do you have on your machine?  Are any other applications running?  Are you able to print to a PDF file?  That is, instead of using "Save as PDF...", go to Print, and in the lower left corner of the print window, select PDF.  Have you rebooted the computer?  Do you have any plug-ins installed?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible causes.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Save as PDF fails
            DimitrisValachis

Hi,

Logged into machine as Administrator.
            850 GB free space
            No other applications running
            I can Print then Save as PDF with no problem
            Rebooted the computer 3 times
            Ran the Verify Permissions step in Disk Utility
            No plugins installed
            Re-installed FileMaker Pro Advanced 13 from FBA section and upgraded to version 13.0.4 again.

Still the same problem.
            • 3. Re: Save as PDF fails
              TSGal

Dimitris Valachis:

Thank you for the additional information.

If you have Adobe Reader installed, make sure it is version 11.  If version 11 is already installed, temporarily uninstall and let PDF files open under Preview.  Then, try again to Save as PDF.  Specify a filename that doesn't exist in case Untitled.pdf already exists and is set to Read Only.

Do you have access to another machine with FileMaker Pro?  If so, does the same issue occur on that machine?

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Save as PDF fails
                RickWhitelaw

What is the exact file path you're using to save the pdf? In my experience this error is due to a fault in the file path.