2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2013 1:25 PM by Fred(CH)

Save as PDF issues

andypieman

Summary

Save as PDF issues

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0V3

Operating system version

Mac OSX 10.8.2

Description of the issue

Records appearing in the preview window are missing when saved as PDF or printed by Mac print as PDF function

The specific query produces a 5 page report using portals and sliding to take up space. This has worked for a number of these kind of queries and layouts. I have just found a single example where the final 2 records do not appear. They are visible in preview mode, but do not make it to the final PDF. This occurs for both save as PDF and PDF print. If I print just the single page they do print, but not if I select to print more than just the single page.

Expected result

I am now afraid this may have happened elsewhere, and my data is now compromised in print version.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error messages. I just noticed this as I was about to go to print

Workaround

Print single page, though this is going to be problematic for a large print run.

Error.gif

• 1. Re: Save as PDF issues
          JuliaOlsen

I am having the same problem. Looking for an answer!

• 2. Re: Save as PDF issues
            Fred(CH)

Hello there,

Very strange !!! I think it is possible that more details about the layout structure could be needed.

Anyways, i first thought about two different explanations :
                 • The usual problem of printing dialog options : "Records being beowsed", "Current record" or "Blank record" (please dont' shout out loud, i'm just tryin').
                 • A tiny difference between two modes cause a different page breaking, thus your two missing records are maybe printed, but on previous page.

So... i hope i'm right. If not, be tolerant... and, please, could you post a screenshot of your layout design ?

Bye, Fred