save pdf to download folder doesn't work

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0v3

Operating system version

OSX 10.8.2

Description of the issue

In interactive container, the option 'save PDF to download folder' doesn't work.

TD_1.png

• 1. Re: save pdf to download folder doesn't work
          philmodjunk

In what file do you see this button?

Is this a starter solution?

If so, which one?

If not, what script or button option does this button perform when clicked?

• 2. Re: save pdf to download folder doesn't work
            TerryDonovan

Hi PhilModJunk,

Thank you for responding. I'm not sure how to accurately answer your questions, so I will explain in a bit more detail what I have done.

I have created my own database. In it I created a container field (without touching any of the options available).

I have tweaked the data area in the inspector as per image attached with this posting.

When in layout mode, mousing over the bottom area of the container field shows the image included with my first posting.

The 'zoom out', 'zoom in', 'open PDF in Preview' buttons all work, but the 'save PDF to download folder' doesn't. Or if it does, it is saving the document to somewhere I can't find.

These four options seem to come automatically with the container field. I did not create them, and don't know how to tweak them - if indeed that can be done.

I am using PDF files in the container.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again

• 3. Re: save pdf to download folder doesn't work

Terry Donovan:

Thank you for the post.

The options shown are determined by the default PDF viewer/reader on the computer to which FileMaker Pro is installed. The default reader on Mac OS X 10.8.2 is Apple's Preview App. Those are the options for when Apple's Preview is the default PDF viewer. 

I can confirm that when using Preview with FileMaker Pro 12 running Mac OS X 10.7.5 or Mac OS X 10.8.2 that the "Save PDF to Download Folder" button does not work for me either. A work around is to first use the "Open PDF in Preview" button and then use Preview to save the PDF. 

I additionally forwarded a report to Testing and Development for review.

TSFalcon
                   FileMaker, Inc. 
              • 4. Re: save pdf to download folder doesn't work
                TerryDonovan

Hi TSFalcon,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

It's nice to know that this amateur has not done something wrong!

I am happy to use the workaround you suggested.