Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done:
1. I created two tables, "MAIN" and "PORTAL", linked by a Number field "ID"
2. On my MAIN layout (Enlightened theme), I created a Portal into PORTAL and displaying a text field "Phone".
3. I changed the font and font size of "Phone" to Arial 6 point.
4. I then pulled down the File menu and selected Save/Send Records As -> PDF... and manually saved the file (Untitled.pdf).
5. I created a script that has one script step: Save Records as PDF [ No dialog ; "Untitled2.pdf" ; Records being browsed ]
6. I executed the script.
7. I opened both Untitled.pdf and Untitled2.pdf. Both portals are displayed with Arial 6 point.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
I'm also having the same issues on one particular PC -- most other PCs and MACs are working fine. Reinstalled Acrobat Reader and tried FileMaker 14 in both 32 and 64 bit versions with no successful output. It's not only Arial but other sans serif typefaces as well, in any layout. Has there been any other feedback?
perhaps removing and reinstalling the arial font might make a difference?