Summary

Save Records as PDF does not export data if font is set to Arial

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X Mavericks

Description of the issue

Database has a layout that shows an invoice constructed from a portal. Line items are portal records. Export Records as PDF works as expected in FMP 11, 12, and 13. In FMP14 it saves the PDF with the portal record fields not showing. Portal fields are in Arial 6pt font. Changing the font of the line items to Geneva fixes the problem. This happens only in FMP14.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Run the script that has script step "Save Records as PDF"

Expected result

Invoice with properly populated portal/line items.

Actual result

Invoice is not showing the line items.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error message

Workaround

Run script in FMP12 or FMP13. Or change font to anything other than Arial.

• 1. Re: Save Records as PDF does not export data if font is set to Arial
          TSGal

Janzo:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. I created two tables, "MAIN" and "PORTAL", linked by a Number field "ID"

2. On my MAIN layout (Enlightened theme), I created a Portal into PORTAL and displaying a text field "Phone".

3. I changed the font and font size of "Phone" to Arial 6 point.

4. I then pulled down the File menu and selected Save/Send Records As -> PDF... and manually saved the file (Untitled.pdf).

5. I created a script that has one script step:   Save Records as PDF [ No dialog ; "Untitled2.pdf" ; Records being browsed ]

6. I executed the script.

7. I opened both Untitled.pdf and Untitled2.pdf.  Both portals are displayed with Arial 6 point.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Save Records as PDF does not export data if font is set to Arial
            LShamrock

I'm also having the same issues on one particular PC -- most other PCs and MACs are working fine. Reinstalled Acrobat Reader and tried FileMaker 14 in both 32 and 64 bit versions with no successful output. It's not only Arial but other sans serif typefaces as well, in any layout. Has there been any other feedback?

• 3. Re: Save Records as PDF does not export data if font is set to Arial
              philmodjunk

perhaps removing and reinstalling the arial font might make a difference?