AnsweredAssumed Answered

Saved Finds does not save extended found sets

Question asked by ayw on Sep 18, 2009
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2009 by mrvodka

Summary

Saved Finds does not save extended found sets

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved: Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced Operating System(s) involved: Mac OSX 10.4.11 Detailed description of the issue: "Saved Current Finds" does not save the entire number of records in my found set when that set is created usingRequests>Extend Found Set. Exact steps to reproduce the issue: This is a very simplified example of the types of searches I expect should be saved. 1.  I do a search on my database for people between the ages of 30 and 40 and come up with a found set consisting of 10 people.Find > enter >30  Perform Find 2.  Then I want to add to that set for people between the ages 40 and 50.Find > enter >=40  Requests > Extend Found SetThis gives me a set of 20 people including the 10 derived from Step 1 above. 3. I save these 20 records.Records > Saved Finds > Save Current Find > Specify Options for Saved Finds > Name it “Test” Expected Result: When I go and select my saved finds named “Test”, I should get all 20 records from step 1 and step 2 above. When I do a saved find, I expect it to save all the records I currently see in front of me, not a subset of them. Actual Result: I only get 10 records from step 2 Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:Any additional configuration information/troubleshootingthat is relevant to the issueAny workarounds that you have found

Outcomes