2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2013 11:57 PM by Fred(CH)

Saving Record With Asian Characters As PDF

bcheang

Summary

Saving Record With Asian Characters As PDF

Description of the issue

Does anyone know if this is a bug or if there is any workaround for this problem: I have a record with Chinese characters in various fields. When saving the record as PDF, the Chinese text show up as boxes. I am using a Mac running OS X v10.5.6 and Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced. However, if I choose Print and then save it as PDF from there, everything's fine.

• 1. Re: Saving Record With Asian Characters As PDF
          koala

I am using Filemaker Pro 12 and having the same problem with Korean characters.

They appear as squares when converted to PDF. Not sure if you had any luck with your problem.

Can't seem to find the solution to this problem. I am sure Filemaker is aware of the problem but so far there seems to be no solutions yet.

I will be grad if there is a solution.

Thanks,

• 2. Re: Saving Record With Asian Characters As PDF
            Fred(CH)

Hello there,

I reported a similar issue few months ago to FMI (France) phone support. I created a little database that demonstrate the limits of Save as PDF command compared with FMP preview mode for instance.

It is also interesting to compare different fonts and plateforms.

I know well it cannot help you very much but maybe could help FMI to figuring this issue.

Here : http://www.comptabase.ch/downloads/fmp-forum/Fmp-pdf-chars.zip

Note : this was programmed in French langage and now quickly traduced in english. Excuse me for approximations.

Bye, Fred