Thank you for your post.
I don't expect you to count down to line 2653842 in the file.
Keep in mind that FileMaker 13 is more strict in the XML as characters below ASCII-32 (space) cannot be interpreted and that is the reason for the SAXParseException error. You may want to first try running the DDR with just the data, and if that work, then try the layouts. This may help reduce the search for the character.
Keep me updated with any progress.
No need to count out the lines, I brought the temp file into FM. Here is the text in that line "<Data>	 </Data>". The other issue is I'm getting different line numbers depending on OS. Here's my Windows error attached. I'm positive that it's a layout element, but I can't determine what. I've narrowed it down to 23 layouts which is good, because the file contains 484 layouts. I can't outright delete the layouts, and I hate to have to re-create them, but it's likely what I'll have to do. I rely on BaseElements pretty heavily, so I desperately need a new DDR.
Another note... I was systematically deleting the 23 layouts, and one of them caused the error to go away (on four separate DDR runs). I restored my file and deleted just that layout and got the error back. I went back to the one that "worked", and it no longer did... very mysterious!
The data in that line is trying to display a tab character and Control-S. In the lines preceding, does it tell you where the data occurs? That is, what layout? Find that object and delete it, since it doesn't appear to be doing anything.
If you find the layout, perform a Select All to see all the objects. You will probably see handles on an object that is blank.
It's possible to find the layout. Go to the error and then do a find for :
( that has a space on the end ), but find the previous one. You'll eventually get to a line like :
<Layout width="1066" quickFind="True" includeInMenu="False" id="29" name="Artiklar_List">
the name is the bit in the name tag. Delete that and you should be good to go. I do this all the time, so if you need help, send me a copy of the XML DDR.
I did send a copy of the XML file to you not too long ago through a help request on Goya (via Google Docs), but you weren't able to help due to the size of the file. I've created one that is layouts only (where the problem(s) are) if that would be easier to look at. I'm not clear on how to send a file via this forum though.
Michael, send me a zip, or a dropbox link if it's too big. Contact me privately by clicking on my name and on the next screen, click "Send Nicholas Orr a Message".