Screen dimension / window position errors on second monitor

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP 11  and FMPA 11

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.5.8 / 10.6.4

Description of the issue

Scripts that position a FMP window when located on a second monitor do not always work correctly. Depending on the relative sizes and arrangement of the screens to one another, the title bar at the top of the window can be hidden above the top of the screen.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Two screens connected to one mac (in this case a laptop with the laptop screen being my second screen to the side of my main screen)
      My second screen is smaller than my first and the arrangement of the screens puts the top of the second screen below that on the main screen. (See attached image)
      Run a script step to position the top of a window at '0'.

Expected result

The top of the window should be right at the top of the screen.

Actual result

The top of the window is above the top of the screen. Alternatively if the screen arrangement puts top of screens level, then the top of the window is set down to level with the bottom of the menu bar on the main screen.

Script steps seem to get screen information based on the main screen (ie the one with the menu bar) rather than the screen that the database window is in.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None

Configuration information

Only tested with MacBookPro and MacBook - likely to affect desktop machines with dual monitors of different sizes.
      Main screen is Philips at 1680 x 1050 resolution, second is MacBook Pro at 1440 x 900.

Workaround

Close the database and re-open or use cascade or tile window commands to re-arrange. Alternatively compensate for offset in the set window position script step (this is difficult for shared databases).

Screen_shot_2010-08-20_at_13.32.45.png