2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2009 1:34 PM by TSGal

screen glitch when script is paused and status bar showing

FileMucker

Summary

screen glitch when script is paused and status bar showing

Description of the issue

Detailed description of the issue- screen glitch when script is paused and status bar showingExact steps to reproduce the issue- pause a scriptExpected Result- legible screenActual Result; the words "script is paused" appears on top of "View As:" Icons. Just looks sloppy and should be fixed.FileMaker Product(s) involved- 10.0.3a Operating System(s) involved; 10.4.11Not tested in any other environment, and certainly not worthy of posting on a discussion board!!!Miss the web bug report form already; but I suppose moving bug reports here will drastically reduce the amount of reports.Great! can't even post as it thinks I wrote this in "invalid html". Guess it doesn't like punctuation.

• 1. Re: screen glitch when script is paused and status bar showing
          philmodjunk

Filemaker Inc. got rid of the bug report form because many of us complained about it's lack of usefulness. It was basically like putting your report in a bottle and throwing it down a well. You never got a response back and no one else knew about the bug report. At least here, others can attempt to replicate the bug and test it on other OS systems to determine whether or not it is plat form specific.

I've just attempted to replicate this issue on Windows XP. Either I'm doing something different or it is specific to Mac systems. Tried it with a number of different windows sizes and settings, but never saw the superimposed text.

Can you verify that this happens with more than one data base file?

Can you test this on a different machine?

That may help narrow it down.

• 2. Re: screen glitch when script is paused and status bar showing
            TSGal

FileMucker:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I am unable to duplicate the problem running FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 on Mac OS X 10.4.11.  Here is my script:

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field [ Field3 ; "Yes" ]

Perform Find []

Pause/Resume Script [Indefinitely]

Show All Records

Pause/Resume Script [Indefinitely]

I've made the window smaller to try and superimpose "Script is paused" on top of "View As", but my screen refreshes and does not display both at once.

Let me know of a way to replicate the problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.