Screenshots of the subsummary bug in FileMaker Pro

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

10.x and 11.x

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.5 and Mac OS X 10.6

Description of the issue

There is a long-standing and annoying bug in FileMaker Pro, which affects subsummary reports in browse mode on Mac OS X.

Please see this link for information about this report, along with screenshots:
      http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/057fcfc791

Steps to reproduce the problem

Please see link above for screenshots and more detailed information about this bug.

Expected result

Please see link above for screenshots and more detailed information about this bug.

Actual result

• 1. Re: Screenshots of the subsummary bug in FileMaker Pro
          scottworld

Let me clarify this bug for you:

When viewing a subsummary report in browse mode, FileMaker puts an enormous amount of unexpected blank space at the bottom of the report that enables the user to keep scrolling way beyond the end of the report into a vast emptiness.  FileMaker lets you scroll BENEATH THE LAST RECORD in browse mode. It's as if FileMaker THINKS there are 50 or 100 more records beyond the last record, but there are actually NO MORE RECORDS to scroll to. So you can scroll & scroll & scroll, and suddenly you're looking at a blank report in browse mode. Because all of the records just scrolled right off the page above you.

Please see link above for full details on this bug, along with screenshots.

• 2. Re: Screenshots of the subsummary bug in FileMaker Pro
            TSGal

scotty321:

Thank you for your posts.

I am able to duplicate the problem on Mac OS X 10.5.8, Mac OS X 10.6.4, and Windows XP.

Our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments are aware of this issue.  I will let you know when more information becomes available.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.