5 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2016 10:05 AM by TSGal

Script Debugger auto-scroll doesn't engage if next step is still 1-pixel on screen

Summary

Script Debugger auto-scroll doesn't engage if next step is still 1-pixel on screen

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Advance, 14.01

Operating system version

OS X 10.9.5

Description of the issue

If you are debugging a script and the next step in the script is even 1-pixel (ish) on the screen, the auto-scroll does NOT scroll up to show that line of the script - it remains invisible off the bottom of the window.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Shrink your debugger window down so there are script steps off the bottom.  Position the bottom-most script step so that it is almost completely out of view at the bottom.  Step through the script to the last step.

Expected result

The bottom-most script step would scroll up to be in view.  The auto-scroll should engage if there is even 1/4 of the line off screen, perhaps even if there is just 1-pixel off screen.  My personal preference would be that an off-screen step would scroll to the top 1/4 of the debugger instead of just scrolling one more line up (i.e. the 'current' line is still the last visible line; I want to read ahead of the current step, not behind it).  Maybe there should be a setting for maintaining the 'current' line in the exact same scroll position on the window, and having the steps move, instead of the steps staying still (until you hit the bottom that is).

Actual result

Script debugger window doesn't scroll at all.  Attached screenshot shows the results (rather more than 1 pixel, still the same behavior).  I scrolled the next step so the text was just a bit visible, and then hit 'step into' on the debugger to move the 'current step' pointer to it - it didn't scroll onto the screen as you can see.

Workaround

Manually scroll the window down.

Screen_Shot_2015-06-03_at_11.37.14_.png