2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2015 7:59 AM by WF7A

Script Debugger requires multiple close window commands to close and opens automatically

WF7A

Summary

Script Debugger requires multiple close window commands to close and opens automatically

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OS 10.10.3

Description of the issue

Script Debugger won't close on first click of the red dot in upper-left corner; usually it takes three clicks of it to close its window.

After it does close, when I fire the script (via a button), the Script Debugger automatically starts up again; it shouldn't...at least, it didn't in v13.x.

Also, as an aside: the script line marker used to be red. In v14.x, it's much harder to see. Bring back the red!

Steps to reproduce the problem

Call Script Debugger
      Step through/play script.
      Click red dot to exit.
      Script continues
      Click red dot to exit.
      Script continues then stops when it finds a fault.
      Click red dot to exit.
      Script continues to run until it exits.

Fire script again. Script Debugger automatically enables itself.

Expected result

Window should close immediately on first click.
      Script Debugger shouldn't automatically engage when firing the script again.

Actual result

Window won't close on first click of red dot.

Script Debugger starts up when script is fired again.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Configuration information

None.

Workaround

None.

• 1. Re: Script Debugger requires multiple close window commands to close and opens automatically
          TSGal

WF7A:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue with FileMaker Pro 14.0.1 under Mac OS X 10.10.3.  Here are the steps I took:

1. With the Script Debugger open, I executed a script.

2. I stepped through the script for a few lines.

3. I clicked the red dot to close the Script Debugger (and the window closed).  As documented, the script finishes.

4. In my script, I turned off Set Error Capture, so when it comes to a Find with no records, a dialog appears.

5. With the Script Debugger open again, I ran the script, stepped through a few lines (before the error) and closed the window.  The dialog window displayed that no records were found.  No Script Debugger.  I then canceled out of the script.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Script Debugger requires multiple close window commands to close and opens automatically
            WF7A

Sorry I haven't responded earlier--I was out of town.

As troubleshooting step, I restarted my Mac and the problem hasn't reappeared since, so I'm not sure if that was indeed the fix or cosmic rays had a hand in things. If the problem happens again I'll make a .gif of it and will reopen the issue here.

Still, as a suggestion, the script line markers should go back to being red--it made it _much_ easier to find marked lines of code.

Thanks for your patience!