3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2009 12:11 PM by TSGal

script for Saving current record as pdf and mail in Instant Web Published layou

raghsbye

Summary

script for Saving current record as pdf and mail in Instant Web Published layou

Description of the issue

Hi,I am very new to FileMaker10.0. I have created a database which is Instant Web published. I have written a script to save the current record as pdf file and Mail to current record's email field. It is working fine in windows mode. But when i open the application in web browser it is not saving the record as pdf and not sending mail. Please help me how to fix the issue. Tahnks,Roger

• 1. Re: script for Saving current record as pdf and mail in Instant Web Published layou
          TSGal

raghsbye:

Thank you for your post.

When you Manage your script, at the bottom left corner is a "Show Compatibility" pop-up.  If you select "Web Publishing", you will see that Save Records as PDF is grayed out and not available.  You can Send Mail, but only through a SMTP server.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: script for Saving current record as pdf and mail in Instant Web Published layou
            raghsbye

Hi tsGal,

Thank you so much for your reply. i am realy very impressed with the IWP functionality.

I have few more doubts on filemaker 10.0 

Presently i am using filemaker 5.0 server edition for my application. Recently i have downloaded the trail version of filemaker 10.0. Now i am planning to upgrade filemaker 5.0 server to filemaker 10.0 server version I have some question on upgrading.

1) I have fmp 5.0 server version with 25 users access. How do i upgrade for the fmp 10.0 server with same or upto 50 users.?

2) Is that ok with just upgrading fmp5.0 to fmp server 10.0 or i need to purchase filemaker server once again.?

3) What is the procedure i need to follow while upgrading from 5.0 to fmp server.?

4) Is there any archetecture or diagram available for upgradation.?

any suggestions will be very helpful to me.

Thank you,

Roger

• 3. Re: script for Saving current record as pdf and mail in Instant Web Published layou
              TSGal

raghsbye:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Server 10 will host up to 250 users.

I don't know the upgrade policy.  If you are in North America, please contact our Customer Assistance department at toll-free 800-325-2747 during normal business hours (Pacific Time).  If you are outside North America, please contact the FileMaker office nearest you by going to our web site (www.filemaker.com), selecting the country in the upper-right corner of the web page, and then select "Company -> Contact Us".

I don't see any specific "procedure" for upgrading from Server 5 to Server 10.  The file format has changed, so all the files will need to be converted first before hosting on FileMaker Pro 10.  The file conversion is simple.  Just launch FileMaker Pro 10, open the FileMaker Pro 5 database file, and the old file is saved while a new file is created.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.