9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2012 10:23 AM by HOnzaKoudelka

Script launches in another window than the one where button has been clicked

HOnzaKoudelka

Summary

Script launches in another window than the one where button has been clicked

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11v2

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.3

Description of the issue

When I have multiple windows of the same database open, sometimes (often) after switching from another application to FileMaker Pro using Command-Tab, when I click a button, FileMaker first brings another window (with a different context) to front and THEN launches the script the button is hooked to. As a result the script runs from a wrong context!

Steps to reproduce the problem

I have not found reliable set of steps to reproduce this every time. So, what has just happened to me (in exact order - 100% sure):

1) Had 3 windows of our database open (let's name them "window 1", "window 2", and "window 3" in the order they were opened)
      2) Switched to Safari (to a different space) using Command-Tab
      3) Switched back to FileMaker using Command-Tab
      4) Clicked button in the frontmost window (let's call it window 3)
      5) FileMaker brought another window to front (let's call it window 1)
      6) FileMaker launched the script attached to the button I clicked

Expected result

The above step 5 should not happen

Actual result

Often (but not always) the step 5 happens

In summary, button was clicked in window 3 but the script was launched in window 1. So FileMaker switched the window after processing the mouse click but before launching the script.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Whatever errors related to running script with a wrong context

Configuration information

I am using the latest build of FMPA 11v2 (used the update that's publicly available on FMI's website) on Mac OS X 10.6.3. I have not yet updated to 10.6.4 due to it's compatibility issue with 10.5 calendar server, so it is possible that this may be a correlation of a bug in FM and another bug in Mac OS X.

Workaround

Have not found reliable workaround yet, although some may exist.