3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2010 11:00 AM by TSGal

Script Print Setup does not save ? FM Pro Advanced 10 v3

ydelplan

Summary

Script Print Setup does not save ? FM Pro Advanced 10 v3

Description of the issue

Small test, create a new blank database and define 2 scripts (example script A and script B) each containing only Print Setup.1 Specify the Page Setup for scrip A let say with printer 1 and save.2 Specify the Page Setup for script B with a second printer 2 and save. Than when you review the settings from script A, you will see that printer 1 has been changed to printer 2(this is the last selected printer when I setup script B) Question: Why is the "Print Setup" in the scripting mode not saving his settings even when you click on save ?  Note: I am using a Windows XP Pro and Filemaker 10 Advanced V3

• 1. Re: Script Print Setup does not save ? FM Pro Advanced 10 v3
          RickWhitelaw

The Print Setup script step does NOT choose the printer. In this step there is a setting for "Format for" which I generally leave set to "Any Printer" and there's a setting for portrait/Landscape. The step you want is "Print" . There you can choose the printer, number of copies and several other settings. I use this all the time and it works.

RW 

• 2. Re: Script Print Setup does not save ? FM Pro Advanced 10 v3
            ChristiaanSchriks

I do not agree with the answer above! This worked as expected in FMP8 and I want to be able to show a document in preview mode without printing and without confronting my user with the print dialog. There are times when printing is not needed, just the preview. A correct preview is dependant upon the printer selected and doing this manually before each preview is not an option. Again, this worked fine in previous versions so why change it.

• 3. Re: Script Print Setup does not save ? FM Pro Advanced 10 v3
              TSGal

Christiaan Schriks:

Thank you for your post.

If you are not using a default printer, then have a Startup script that uses the script step "Print Setup", click "Perform without dialog" and set the format to the particular printer.  This will set the Preview for that Printer, provided you don't have another Print Setup script step that changes the printer.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.