Summary

Script Searching Quirks (Windows-Only)

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows

Description of the issue

1) I just opened the window formerly known as ScriptMaker and noticed about five scripts at the bottom labeled "New Script" and all those scripts empty.  And I have a pretty good idea how they were created.

When I search for a script in (twfka) ScriptMaker, I type some characters and then hit enter.  I mean, that's how it works in FMP's QuickFind, Google and just about any other search engine or application I use, right?  But when you do that in FileMaker (at least on Windows), the enter key triggers the screen's default button, which is the New Script button.

2) When conducting a ScriptMaker search on Windows, the results list always includes all folders (regardless of whether they contain relevant results).  I am told this is not the case on Mac.

3) In Windows, it is odd that there is no 'X' button in or near the ScriptMaker search field to clear out its contents.  I am told there is such an 'X' on Mac.

• 1. Re: Script Searching Quirks (Windows-Only)
          TSGal

howards:

Thank you for your post.

1) I totally understand what you are saying.  Without a script highlighted, only the "New" button is active.  This occurs on both Windows and Mac computers.  However, if I tab out of the search box into the script listing box, I can type a few letters, and the first script that matches those first few letters will be highlighted.  Pressing return at this point will edit the existing script.

Don't get me wrong...  I'm only explaining my findings and the current design

2) Yes, there is a discrepancy between Search script on Windows and Mac.  The folders do not appear on a Mac.

3) Yes, the clear "X" does appear in the Search box on a Mac but not Windows.

All three findings have been logged separately and sent to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and consideration.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Script Searching Quirks (Windows-Only)
            TSGal

howards:

The latter two points (folders and clear "X") have been previously reported and your comments for those issues have been attached to the existing issues.

The first point (pressing return after searching scripts) has been confirmed by our Testing department and forwarded to our Development department for review.

TSGal
            FileMaker, INc.

• 3. Re: Script Searching Quirks (Windows-Only)
              hschlossberg

Thanks for the followup, Gal.