1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 20, 2010 12:25 PM by philmodjunk

script step "insert current date" unintentional updating of "modification date"

ade

Summary

script step "insert current date" unintentional updating of "modification date"

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

10.0 V1

Operating system version

Windows XP

Description of the issue

On my layout, I have a date field auto entry set as modified date, which in Version 5.0 acted properly and only updated upon changing any of the other fields on this layout.  I have another field called "paid date".

However, in my new version 10, on this same layout, I've added a button set to invoke the script step "insert current date" to my "paid date" field.  But now, every time I open the database, whether or not I've changed any other fields in that layout, the modified date field is always updated to show the system date.  This appears to be a bug.  I have replicated this effect with a dummy database with only a few fields on it.  How do I stop the "insert current date" script step applied to one field from contaminating the record modification date applied to another field?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Replicated with a test database with only a few fields.

Expected result

Modified date field should reflect the date when any other field on the layout is changed.

Actual result

Modified date field always shows the current date whenever the database is opened, even though no other field on the layout is changed.