Summary

Script Workspace / Multiple Monitors / Script Step Sub-screens Hidden

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Win 7 64

Description of the issue

At my workstation I have a docking station that has three monitors attached. Each monitor is working independently (screen 1, 2, 3). I work on Screen 1 (Main) for most of the development work and when opening a detail screen (double click on "Send Mail" step), that screen will-sometimes open on monitor 2 or 3. I make adjustments to the script step parameters in the sub-screen and close it.  If I then pack up and go home when I work only from my laptop, that sub-screen originally opened on monitor 2 or 3 will not open up or "collect back" to the main laptop screen - it will be hidden off my laptop display. If I press the ESC key, it will close the screen and I can move on. But...I have no way to bring those lost screens back to the main display.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Open a script
      2. Enter a script step (worst offender for me is Send Mail)
      3. Move script step sub-screen to monitor 2 or 3.
      4. Close the sub-screen (while it's on monitor 2 or 3).
      5. Undock your laptop. Go home. Open any database at home and try to access the same sub-screen that existed on monitor 2 or 3.
      6. Utter bad words and go back to office to work on database.

Expected result

I would think that FileMaker would detect that it has only one screen and "collect up" the windows back to the main display.

Actual result

Some script sub-screens (those that were closed off the "main" display are are not accessible when on laptop display only.

Configuration information

Dell laptop / Dell Dock / Monitors connected via VGA, DisplayPort, DVI.

Workaround

Not sure yet.