2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2015 2:17 PM by NicolausBusch

Script workspace loses focus if changes are made to a layout on another machine

NicolausBusch

Summary

Script workspace loses focus if changes are made to a layout on another machine

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

14v2 Advanced

Operating system version

Both

Description of the issue

If more than one developers are working in the same file with one of them using the script workspace, filemaker will lose the focus the moment someone else commits a change to any layout of the same file.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Have a database with a layout and a script hosted by FM Server 14. Let first person open the script and start to enter a commentary. Let second person open the layout in layout mode, make any change to the layout and switch back to browse mode, saving the changes.

Expected result

No action triggered in the script workspace of first machine

Actual result

Script workspace of first machine behaves as if first person had clicked outside the current line or pressed "tab".

Configuration information

Tested with FM 14v2 Advanced 32bit on Windows 7 Ultimate and Pro and Mac OS 10.10.3, FM Server 14 running on Windows Server 2012. It doesn't matter which machine takes role 1 or 2, the bug shows up in all combinations

• 1. Re: Script workspace loses focus if changes are made to a layout on another machine
          TSGal

Nicolaus Busch:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  Here are the steps I took:

1. Using FileMaker Pro 14.0.1, I created a database file with one field.  I added one record.

2. I set the file for Network Sharing and uploaded the file to FileMaker Server 14.0.2.

3. I opened the file on the original FileMaker Pro 14.0.1 machine, and created a script with a comment.  I saved the script and added a new comment, leaving me cursor active in the comment.

4. On another machine, I launched FileMaker Pro 14.0.1, and opened the same hosted file.  I went into Layout Mode, added a Text object, saved the layout and switched back to Browse mode.

On the original machine, the cursor is still active in the Comment script step.

Let me know what steps I'm missing to replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Script workspace loses focus if changes are made to a layout on another machine
            NicolausBusch

Several developers in Germany and Switzerland were able to reproduce what we saw. I will look into it tomorrow again and give you a more detailed description.