AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scripting Problem

Question asked by DSM on May 26, 2009
Latest reply on May 26, 2009 by LaRetta_1

Summary

Scripting Problem

Description of the issue

This is now the second time I have had a problem with a script in filemaker that simply stopped working after a period of time. This makes me very nervous to use this software, because the scripts work for a time and then just stop. The first time I encountered this problem, I simply re-created the script and the new script worked again as its predecessor had, and it has been working ever since. The new problem is with the most basic of scripts. All the script does is a "Perform Find" which is run "OnLayoutLoad" to Omit all the records that return a "No Access" in a particular field. Just to clarify, my users have unique logins, which allow them to see only certain records in a table. When I set priviledges for these accounts so that they could not view records they should not view, they all still show up for some reason but say "No Access". I would prefer if they did not show up at all, but since they do I created the simple script that runs on the load to omit all of these unwanted "No Access" records. This script worked for almost 2 months with no problems. Suddenly it would not work at all. I recreated the script which now works for the users on the Client, but does not work when accessed via the web interface. I also noticed that sometimes that the first couple times I re-created this script, it worked on the client UNTIL I tried to access the layout via the web interface and then the script completely stopped working again. This is very frustrating, especially since the script is only this 1 command. It is sometimes difficult to explain problems, so hopefully this is somewhat understandable.

Outcomes