Summary

Scripts Marked for Display in Scripts Menu not showing in Scripts Menu

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X Lion

Description of the issue

Scripts Marked for Display in the Script Menu are not showing up, especially after some short time has passed since startup. The displayed scripts was limited to 8 or some in total, whatever number can be accommodated by the Command-number system of invoking scripts via the keyboard. You can restart Filemaker to see all the display-marked scripts but soon the display of scripts is limited to 8 or so accommodated by the Command-number feature.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Just run Filemaker

Expected result

Display of all marked scripts all the time

Actual result

Display of all marked scripts only immediately after startup, soon the display of only 8 or so scripts.

Workaround

Restarting the program or use the manage scripts dialogue box to evoke a script.

• 1. Re: Scripts Marked for Display in Scripts Menu not showing in Scripts Menu

Orlay Plummer:

Thank you for the post.

To attempt to replicate this on my work station running 10.7.5, I set my database file to show 20 scripts in the script menu. I continued to use the file throughout the day, making modifications, and switching between FileMaker Pro 12 and other programs. Every time I looked, the scripts menu never changed and continued to show the 20 scripts set to display.

I recommend running a recover on this file to see if it might be damaged.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1.           The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
          3.           Recover does not detect all problems
          5.           Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          7.           Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

And here's a knowledge base article that you may find useful: What to do when your file is corrupt (KB5421).

If recovery shows no errors, then can you create a new simple test file in FileMaker Pro 12 that replicates this particular behavior?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Scripts Marked for Display in Scripts Menu not showing in Scripts Menu
            oeplummer

Maybe I should have mentioned that the operating system is Lion Server, rather than just Lion. We use copies of the database on this server. We do not have the same problem on the Lion computer where the principal files reside.