Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done.
1. On my iMac running Mac OS X 10.9.4, I launch FileMaker Pro 13.0v3.
2. Once started, I pull down the File menu and select "New From Starter Solution...", where I select Contacts and save it to the Desktop. I add 10 blank records.
3. I go into File Options and change the startup to switch to the "Contacts" layout (which is the List layout in your screen shot).
4. I quit FileMaker Pro.
5. I double-click the newly saved Contacts.fmp12, FileMaker Pro 13 launches, the file opens to the Contacts layout, and I am able to use the record slider to move between records.
Let me know what I'm doing differently from you so I can replicate the issue.
Did you by any chance import records into your starter solution?
My version of the 'contacts' starter solution looks different (OSX 10.9.4)
- I got the buttons for single/list/table view (although I can't select those buttons when logged in with 'only edit' menues)
- I can't resize the window that small
- last but not least: It's a FM12 starter solution - not FM13 (although it works here on FM13)
But I got scrollbars... What else did You change to that solution?
(can't resize it to any smaller width)
Those are the steps I perform that results in the issue, other than having had around a hundred contacts in the file for months before the issue occurred.
I found that I can remove the slider bar issue by clicking on the small icon at the bottom left of the window for hiding or showing the status bar. The slider bar and slider then appears, and behaves normally.
I generated all the records by copying text to a new record or typing the data into the new record. I did not import records into the data base.
Window size is a photoshop cropped image of a Grabbed tif. I was converted to a jpg image and attached the the post.
The FileMaker 12 Starter Solution was begun before the advent of FM13. Then Filemaker 13 became available, it was downloaded and used to open and work with the FileMaker 12 file that existed before the FM13 download.
I do not know of any intended changes to the file. I used the solution as it was, I believe.