3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2009 11:21 AM by TSGal

Scroll wheel stops working in certain windows

DamonCasey

Summary

Scroll wheel stops working in certain windows

Description of the issue

I find the scroll ball on my Mighty Mouse stops scrolling windows on FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced and the problem has continued with Pro 10 Advanced too. The scrolling stops working in the Manage Scripts window and also the Edit Script window. I've seen this happen on a MacBook Pro and Mac Pro both running Mac OS X 10.5, it also happened with FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced under Mac OS X 10.4 as well. The problem occurs after using the software for some time and quitting and relaunching the software fixes the problem. 

• 1. Re: Scroll wheel stops working in certain windows
          TSGal

DamonCasey:

Thank you for your post.

I noticed a problem already reported that a Mighty Mouse with slowest scroll speed will not scroll fields or windows.  Can you check your scroll setting to see if this is the issue?

Any additional information you can provide would be appreciated.  In specific, how much time elapses before you notice the problem?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Scroll wheel stops working in certain windows
            DamonCasey

Hello TSGal,

The scroll setting isn't set to the slowest so that's not the cause. It works fine when I first start the application and happens after a period of use.

Regards,

Damon. 

• 3. Re: Scroll wheel stops working in certain windows
              TSGal

DamonCasey:

Thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately, these types of inconsistencies are difficult to track.  If you don't have a way to duplicate this issue in a consistent manner, it will be difficult for us to change this.

Is there anything you can tell us about the Mighty Mouse?  Where is it loaded in memory?  What calls are made to the system?  Anything you can provide may help us determine what is causing this slowness.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.