Search on aggregate related calc fail if hosted

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

12.0v4

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.8.5

Description of the issue

When a calculation field is using an aggregate function applied to a related field, a search about it performed by FileMaker Pro will always fail and return a no record match error, if the file is hosted by FileMaker Server 12.0v4.

--

NB : Even it is not supposed to be dangerous for data, this bug is :
1. recurring across FMS versions and ages (pretty please, include it on your test protocol!)
2. potentially create a lot of other bugs, specially on scripts (that will often totally fail!)

NB 2 : I couldn't find this one on the forum yet, nor the known bugs list, but i am almost sure that it already exists. Sorry in advance.

--

Steps to reproduce the problem

STEP 1
Create a small database with two tables and one relationship between them.

STEP 2
On first table, define a calculation field that aggregate the second table, for instance a Count ( Related_Table::ID ) formula.

STEP 3
Create few records on both tables to see a result on the calc field.

STEP 4
Try a search about this calc, with for instance a >0 criteria.

STEP 5
If it works, host your file on a FileMaker Server 12.0v4 and repeat the step 4.

Expected result

Same result as step 4.

Actual result

No records match this find criteria.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

See above.

Configuration information

Tested with FileMaker Pro 12.0v4 / 12.0v5 under Mac OS X 10.8.5 and Windows 7.
It only occurs on my customer's configuration but not on mine. Even our OS are the same, at contrary to me, my customer have not applied the FMS 12.0v5 update.
I know this last FMS update is supposed to be only java-related. I am wondering if the OS X of my customer have a particularity that could be the culprit. Maybe it is the fact that his Mac OS X 10.8.5 is installed on a VMWare multiple virtual machines system ? Go figure...

Workaround

It seem that FMS 12.0v5 solve the issue (to be verified, i couldn't at this time).

Outcomes