Summary

SeedCode Contacts error

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

iOs5.0.1

Description of the issue

when I open my database from a filmaker pro advanced 10 desktop it starts to open and I get the following error: This version of SeedCode contacts depends upon features in FileMaker 8.5 or higher and your're running Go 1.2.4 I'm sorry.  please visit www.seedcode.com to find calendars available for your version of FileMaker Pro.  This solution will now quit.

I am using FileMaker 8.5 or higher! and if that is the problem why is it telling me my Go version number?

Steps to reproduce the problem

open FileMaker Go
      open database

Expected result

Database opens

Actual result

error message described above followed by program closing

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

SeedCode Contacts:
      FileMaker Requirements

Hello. This version of SeedCode contacts depends upon features in FileMaker 8.5 or higher and your're running Go 1.2.4 I'm sorry.  please visit www.seedcode.com to find calendars available for your version of FileMaker Pro.  This solution will now quit.

• 1. Re: SeedCode Contacts error
          philmodjunk

This is a script set to run when the file open that uses Get (applicationVersion) to check the version of fileMaker. It was created before the release of go and fails to correctly process the value returned, seeing the 1.X number for the version of go as being less than the minimum acceptible version of FileMaker. Seedcode may have a fix available, but if you can get the file open without this script closing the file on you, you can find and modify this script yourself so that this no longer takes place.

If you have FileMaker Advanced, you can enable the script debugger before opening the file and then you can use the debugger to halt the file so that you can open and modify the script.