4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2010 12:03 PM by philmodjunk

Select Same Source Table BROKEN (Bug, Corruption, other?)

chiyofm

Summary

Select Same Source Table BROKEN (Bug, Corruption, other?)

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:Using FM11A on OLD database file hosted on FMS10 Operating System(s) involved: Server OSX Server 10.4.11Client Mac 10.5.8Haven't tested on Windows Detailed description of the issue:I have several tables that share the SAME table source. When I select 1 of them in the graph and try to use the "Select Same Source Table" feature it doesn't work. Could it be an issue related to file references? Exact steps to reproduce the issue:Cannot recreate with NEW file. I think this is an issue with OLD files that have more meta data and or file references.Expected Result:Same source tables SHOULD highlight if they refer to the same Data SOURCE table. Actual Result:Unable to select the same source tables when TO is selected. Option is Greyed out. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:This ancient DB has many old external data references to related tables. Like... Clients, Clients1, Clients2, etc... These were not removed in conversion until we could weed through all referenced TOs, scripts to repoint to 'Clients' single file reference to the desired file. I think this might be causing the issue. Tried different table occurrences that have the same source table and multiple TOs on the graph and none work on this file. Bug, corruption or issue specific to supporting converted files? Any workarounds that you have found:N/A