1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 24, 2009 12:33 PM by TSGal

Selecting Fill color for Body obscures layout objects extending down from Header

philmodjunk

Summary

Selecting Fill color for Body obscures layout objects extending down from Header

Description of the issue

If you place a field so that it crosses the border between Header and Body layout parts and select a non-white fill color for the body, only that portion of the object that is inside the borders of the header will be visible. FMP 10.03, FMP 10.03 adv WIndows XP, Not on Mac OS, not tested on vista or Windows 7 Steps to recreate: Place a field in the body. Use the arrow keys in layout mode to nudge the field up until 1 or more pixels are on or above the Header/Body part boundary.Click the body part label and choose a fill color.Enter Browse mode. Trying to use a colored rectangle moved to the background instead of assigning a part color also obscures the field.

• 1. Re: Selecting Fill color for Body obscures layout objects extending down from Header
          TSGal

PhilModJunk:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the problem only on Windows (XP, Vista, and 7).  It works correctly on Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) and 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard).

In addition, I have discovered that when I make the Header and Body the same fill color, the field becomes obscured when I select a field in the Body.  If no field is selected, all fields display properly.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.