Self-updating and filtering Value List
Operating system version
Mac OSX 10.6.6
Description of the issue
I am developing a database and immediately ran into a problem here -
- I have two tables, one for a list of Companies and one for a list of projects that we are doing.
- In the Companies table, I have a CompanyName field and a Relationship field.
- All of the companies in the database have either "Client" or "Vendor" in the Relationship field.
- Since all of the projects listed in the Projects table are issued by a "Client," I am trying to create a drop-down list Field called "Client" in my Projects table layout that will pull only the CompanyNames from the Companies Table that have "Client" listed in their Relationship field.
- I have tried some of the suggested methods under the Conditional Value Lists posts and Value lists filtered posts, but to no avail.
I am unsuccessful in my efforts so far and need some help.