Where is the document located? Do they have direct access to this file like you do from the host? (Is it in a shared location where they could open this file by doubleclicking it and is your send event using this path in the format that your client machines will see?)
The documents are all on a shared network drive and accessible to all Filemaker users.
And yes, the path would be the same for all users.
I was able to do this from my system: Windows XP client. WinServer 2008, Filemaker advanced 11, FileMaker server 10.
Here's what I did.
- I put a word document in a shared folder on the server.
- I mapped a network drive letter to this folder.
- I launched Filemaker and connected to a database hosted by FileMaker Server.
- I opened Manage scripts and created a new script with a one line send event step.
- I clicked Specify for this step, then selected the file option, clicking this specify button to add a file reference to the file, navigating to it via the mapped drive letter.
- When I run this script it on my client machine, it opens the file.
- If I run this from any other PC where I map to this same directory on the same drive letter, it should also open.