4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2010 10:34 AM by TSGal

Send Mail from script broken with Mac OS X 10.5.8 with Java 10.5 update 7 (J2SE 5.0 - 1.5.0_24)

haymps

Summary

Send Mail from script broken with Mac OS X 10.5.8 with Java 10.5 update 7 (J2SE 5.0 - 1.5.0_24)

Description of the issue

I updated Mac OS X 10.5.8 with Java 10.5 update 7 (J2SE 5.0 - 1.5.0_24).  After doing so, my once working scripts*, that prepare an email and attach a pdf file, now result in an email that is enveloped in a black box.  The text and pdf file are there, but you can't see them as they are black as well. I can't get rid of the box without deleting the text and he pdf file.  I can delete everything within the box and I'm left with the black box.  I am pretty sure that the Java update caused the problem to occur.  When I run it on a machine without the software update, it works as before. It definitely looks like the Java update broke something.It only happens with a pdf attachment.  And it is present even if all I have in the body is the pdf file.  Without a pdf file attached, it works as expected. It is happening on both FileMaker 10 and 11. * here's the script command.  Send Mail (Send via E-mail Client; To: "johndoe@aol.com"; Subject: "Test"; Message "Test"; "pdf_file.pdf")