Send Mail Function Error
11 & 13
Windows 7 x64
Send Mail function when sending via the E-mail Client is:
1. Failing to populate the 'To', 'cc' and 'Bcc' fields.
2. Failing silently without attachments.
This happens with both Outlook 2013 and Thunderbird 24.4.0
1. A simple Send Mail function using the Send Via: "E-Mail Client", including a "To" field, regardless of static input, field value or calculation; a "Subject" field and the "Message" field.
2. As above though with the addition of including an "Attached File".
1.a. Performing without a dialog box would send the email automatically via the E-mail Client.
1.b. Performing with a dialog box would open up the email with the aforementioned populated fields ready to modify or send.
2. As above.
1.a. The E-mail client will execute and then nothing else happens.
1.b. The E-mail client will execute, open the E-mail with all populated fields with the exception of "to", "cc" and "bcc".
2. The E-mail client in both cases will execute and nothing else happens.
Regardless of being part of a script, a simple 1-botton function or using File > Send > Mail... command all of the above happens.
It should be noted that this appears to be an isolated incident on 1-2 computers running this exact setup out of 10 and it could be an issue with MAPI not working correctly.
This is happening on FM Pro 11, FM Pro 11 Advanced and FM Pro 13.
This also happens regardless of the data base, remotely hosted, locally hosted, or even a brand new data base all have the same issues.
This is my last resort before formatting the machine.
Thank you for your post.
Our Development and Testing departments are aware of FileMaker Pro unable to send mail with 64-bit Outlook and other 64-bit MAPI email applications under Windows. I have attached your post to the original report. When more information becomes available, I will post again.