Send Mail Script Not Working

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker 13.0v1

Operating system version

OS X 10.9.2

Description of the issue

I constructed a script just using 'Send Mail', NOT clicking (selecting) the "Perform without dialog" and using the "Specify..." command button in the dialog to specify sending through my E-Mail Client, the email address of the recipient, the Subject, and message.  The name of my database is "PresentersEtc" and you can see from the attached screen shot how I stipulated the various components of the email I want produced by the script.  The message field in my database contains the entire text of my email.

I then placed a command button in my form that invokes the script.  When I click the command button, however, I get a totally blank draft email (not yet sent as intended) except for the "From" line which contains my email address which, of course is what I want.  Other than that there is nothing in the email - no addressee, no message, no subject, no attachment.

I have been sending emails from within Filemaker for a long time NOT using a script but, instead, just the File/Send/Mail/ menu commands that result in exactly the same "Specify" dialog as constructing and editing scripts does.  It works perfectly.

The reason I want to do the same thing but with a script is so that I can have a chance to edit the emails before they are actually sent just so I can add a "mail signature" (logo) at the end of the end of the text.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Construct a simple database with just a message field, and email value field and then constructed a script to "Send Mail" using the specify command button as I described above and do NOT check the "Perform without dialog" option.  Then place a command button on an input form to run the script.  Exit layout mode and try it.  Again, I'm using a MacBook Pro with an OS X 10.9.2 operating system and FileMaker Pro 13.0v1

Expected result

An email addressed to the email address, message, subject line, and attachment specified in the "Specify" dialog.

Actual result

It won't work.  It will produce a totally blank email except for the From: line totally ignoring everything you specified when constructing the script.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error message appears

Configuration information

I've specified all that above

Workaround

I have found no workarounds

SpecifyDialog.png

Outcomes